A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Suitcases

A relative told me that a suitcase sale was still on in Worthing, a town near me.

I need a new suitcase. My big-assed one is totally broken and my cabin-bag is wearing out fast.

But think about it. Why on earth is there a suitcase sale in Worthing? Why do any shops there sell suitcases? Clearly no-one needs to buy one. If you were able to leave Worthing you would have done so ages ago. If you're still in Worthing (a place where old people go to die) then you're not going to leave and so don't need a suitcase.

Today I applied for two jobs. Neither were in the south coast.

No comments: