A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 14, 2005

How much?!

It's possible I've been going too fast in my job hunting.

So far, today I've applied for five jobs. But what was the quality like?

Well, I think one c.v. went out with some extraneous information that I wouldn't normally put in - it was very irrelevant to the role.

For another application I just about got everything right. And, an hour later, it resulted in my mobile ringing. It was the agency.

We talked about my availability (immediate) and suitability for the role and then she checked I was happy with the rate. Well, it seemed quite a good rate but that's because I hadn't looked properly. The rate quoted was per week not per day!

This was for an IT incident manager - someone with experience and sought after skills.

Being 1/5th of what I expected there was no way I could consider the role.

The agent wasn't too surprised as she felt I was a bit overexperienced.

Anyway, it was good to have applied because she said she'd consider me for other roles, both permie and contract.

And it counts as a bite.

No comments: