A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Nice stumble

Yesterday I was looking around openBC, a networking too.

I looked up some names from when I used to work at Cisco in Munich.

This morning I found I had been sent a message from one of these names. It was the finance director from when I was there. He sent a nice message and I sent a reply. He's not at Cisco either.

Now, I don't remember accidentally clicking on anything when I was looking up his name. But it was a nice stumble.

I'm going to give it to the end of the week but I've the feeling that I'll need to join both openBC and LinkedIn (join as in pay). And, I think I musn't expect quick returns but will have to work on growing my network of contacts on a weekly basis. This means I have to remember that I'll happily buy an air ticket for a weekend which costs a lot more. And from which I'm only like to get liver problems.

No comments: