A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Job advert of the morning

"IT Managers! How do you feel about becoming somewhat of a celebrity within your local area with regards to your career? How would you like all IT Directors within a 30km radius of your home to be knocking on your door, begging you to join their company? I can make this happen! If you want your name to be known across the county, if you want to maximise your job hunt with minimum effort and if you are an experienced, confident and impressive IT Manager. I would like to represent you and introduce you to my clients who are calling out to employ people like yourself. I am not advertising a job, I am advertising multiple jobs and all you need to do to secure yourself a strong footing is submit your CV to me. I will do the rest. (personal details will be kept confidential or at your discretion)."

I would imagine that in the North East IT managers are celebreties. And I wouldn't like IT directors to come knocking at my door - haven't they heard of email, IM or even the telephone? I'm sure they have these things up north.

As for "begging" - even by late 21st Century means - I don't think it's seemly. Even for IT directors.

I didn't apply.

No comments: