A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Choose your expletive

If I was writing Europhobit or You Knit What? I'd have the apt phrase.

But this is worse, much worse than MPs not being bothered to take the chance to defeat the imposition of surveillance cards on the British or creating a decorative chain by knitting it.

My PalmPilot T3 is breaking. Seriously, it's breaking apart.

First it was the Palm logo at the top of the device. OK, big deal. Then the Bluetooth stopped working properly. That was a pain as I used that feature for reading emails and some web browsing when I was away from my PC.

Now the lower section (the bit that slides down) is coming apart. It should be secured by four screws but they're not there anymore. I don't know what happened to them. It's not like I'm in environments with lots of vibrations (choose your own image here) or shocks. My life is, sadly, quite sedantry.

It still works but I need to get a replacement soon. Being of poor memory as well as being besotted by state-of-the-art productivity tools I can't be without one.

I'm thinking of maybe going for a Pocket PC device rather than a Palm. Whatever, I need to get a replacement soon.

No comments: