A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 17, 2005

I knew it would be useful

I got through again to the agency with whom I spoke on Friday. They eventually sent the job spec and talked me through giving further information based upon it.

The agent told me a level of commercial experience would be beneficial. Well, I have been co-founding a business in Finland. Heck, we're even registered and spent money on it, plus committed more (proportional to sales). I told him this and he agreed it would be worth mentioning.

Now, although we're fully registered we haven't made any sales, let alone a profit. But it has given me a level of real world experience. I've had to construct serious profit and loss and cash-flow forecasts amongst other things.

So, we're not making a massive profit yet. But if we were I wouldn't be applying for this job.

No comments: