A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Kiss

Recently I've been thinking that my German has been deteriorating.

Daily I watch ARD's Tagesscchaue newscast. But recently I've found it hard to follow. I then realised it's because even Germans are finding current news hard to follow. The current news being about Germans trying to form a new government.

The rest of the days it's pretty quiet. Occassionally I listen to BBC news to find out what the disillusioned left-wingers are thinking.

Today, it got far too quiet.

So, I had a look at the Kiss FM web site. (Americans, please note that's the UK's Kiss FM). Last time I looked they didn't have a web-cast. But that was a few years ago and they now have one. Plus you can choose which programme you want to hear.

Had to go straight to the Kisstory programme. That's old school stuff, e.g. House etc. Unfortunately it also includes Neneh Cherry.

I remember when Chicago House first came to the UK, around 20 years ago. That and its derivatives get me every time.

Think I'll be playing this station, as a web-cast, all the time now, whilst I job-hunt. Although I could just get off my arse and find my CDs and tapes - it seems a lot of what they play I have.

Still, arses are to be sat on.

No comments: