A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Not the only blogger

... looking for a job.

Extracted from here:

A light at the end of the tunnel?

Two evenings ago, I sent informal inquiries (with my CV attached obviously) to 2 potential supervisors. One Oooop North and one Daan Saarf. The job market for my particular field is deader than a Brazilian on the Underground at the moment and both of these positions require someone with a whole range of skills that I don't have (i.e pretty much anything to do with proteins!),. So it was with some trepidation that I explained how I am a quick learner and enthusiastic worker and that I have been regularly exposed to these techniques in lab meeting and just give me a chance I'm begging you! Barely 36 hours later, I got a reply from the one Oooop North, telling me that my cover letter and CV made me a very strong applicant and that I should please apply formally. Naturally, I sent a reply thanking them for their rapid response. The application form has been filled in. Tomorrow, I shall compose a suitable "statement". I am reluctant to just do a cut and paste job from the covering email, as it smacks of laziness - so I will probably do a cut and paste from a previous application (heh - only kidding). So, fingers crossed.

No comments: