A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Not long winded

Yesterday, during the Sunday trawl, I applied for one job.

It was a direct application to the company itself (advertised on Monster - seen the adverts?).

They sent an email this morning asking for me to apply on-line. Well, why did they give an email address then?

I don't really like on-line applications. They're fiddly, time-consuming and I feel my c.v. is a much better medium for me.

Well I went to their web-site and had to create an account just to apply. And creating an account included creating a rather robust pasword, selecting a security question, then waiting patiently for an authentication code to be emailed to me. Just to apply.

After that I went on to the actual application section. This wasn't too bad. It actually asked a couple of pertinent questions: "Please give an example of where you have lead[sic] and motivated a team" and "Please outline experience of working as a Project Manager using Prince II or equivalent within a technical infrastructure".

No comments: