A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Mystery solved

A couple of weeks ago I was trying to receive emails from an agency who had contacted me.

I wasn't receiving them on my usual account so I gave the agent my Yahoo email address. It's actually an @rocketmail.com account name because I signed on before Yahoo took it over.

BTW I'm just waiting for Yahoo lawyers to write telling me that it should be "Yahoo!". Then I can give them this:

n!n


Anyway, I still didn't receive anything but it didn't matter because the agent still put my name to her client. And it doubly didn't matter as it seems the client found someone else.

Then, last week I contacted a friend about meeting up in London. His company's email system doesn't accept my usual emails as my "Reply To" is different from my "Sent From". So, I emailed him from my Yahoo account which has a more standard configuration.

After I while I phoned him as I hadn't received a reply. But he told me he had replied. !.

What had happened to his email?

A bit later I suddenly thought of looking in the Bulk email folder. This is a folder in my Yahoo account which automatically stores incoming emails which Yahoo suspects are spam.

And there it was. And so were the emails from the agency. Plus lots of blatant spam as well.

It seems some spam filters have these companies in their bad books.

Mystery solved.

No comments: