A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It pays to call

Yesterday I applied for a job on Monster which didn't give a contact name.

Feel much happier applying for a job with a named contact.

Nevertheless I phoned the agency today.

The woman answering was straight to the point: yes, she'd received my c.v., I seemed to meet her client's requirements, so she'll put my name forward to them. That was that.

Funnily enough I recognised the company. Some years ago I worked at a business who had some old infrastructure. It was installed by this company and no-one was impressed.

I'm not bothered, that was a long time ago. Furthermore, I have another bite.

No comments: