A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 28, 2005

The decline

There's an agency I've talked to, over a few years, about various jobs. They like to think of themselves as in the top-end of recruiters.

They haven't got me one yet, but they did manage to secure me an interview abroad.

Recently, however, their quality seems to be dropping. They don't get back, when they say they will, they leave my applications in mid-air for months and they write, when they do then contact me, curt rejection letters.

Today they sent me an email about an interesting role. Well, they're right, it is an interesting role. Interesting, that is, if you're a financial accountant. Which I'm not, for goodness sake. Not only should my profession be engrained on their computer system, it should also be engrained in their hearts (I'd say "souls" but of course recruitment agents don't have souls).

No comments: