A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Pronouncable, exotic city seeks chocolate cake munching IT manager

Occassionally I apply for jobs in Singapore. A name I can pronounce as it only has one R and it doesn't need to be rolled (in fact it would sound a bit daft).

I hear it's a fine city. Actually, you could probably be fined for pronouncing "Singapore" incorrectly so I better double check my earlier sentence.

Yesterday was one such occassion when I could apply. So I did.

I called the agency today. Another good chat and he's going to forward my c.v. to his colleague. That action is safely within my definition of a bite.

I asked him if he could tell me the name of the client. But he couldn't. The reason? He didn't know himself.

No comments: