A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Network sites

I've spent quite a bit of the day on the business network sites: openBC and LinkedIn.

I've found former colleagues in both sites (athough I haven't contacted them yet).

With LinkedIn I've also invited certain people to join. I hope they do. I also hope they do soon as I can only have five pending invitations at any time.

Right now I'm very enthusiastic about these sites. I'm pretty certain I'll sign up and pay for advanced services on at least LinkedIn. I think nothing of spending money on a weekend abroad so I should be relaxed about spending money to enhance my network.

However, being naturally cautious I'll wait until the weekend. This will give me a chance to get a better feeling of how useful these sites could be.

No comments: