A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

One of the few

Today I actaully saw an advert whose requirements included membership of a relevant body, e.g. the British Computer Society.

Well, I'm a chartered Member of the BCS as well as being a Chartered Engineer and Chartered IT Professional.

What's more, the advert was for someone to project manage an IT relocation - I have a lot of experience there.

So, I applied.

The advert did, however, also require experience in Java and .Net etc.

Well, I don't have experience in these (or even knowledge) but I fail to see how this could be needed for a relocation project.

No comments: