A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Curt rejection of the week

A couple of weeks ago I applied for a freelance PM contract in Scotland.

Today I received this email:

"This email is to let you know that you have not been selected for interview with [Name of the client] for the Project Manager Role.

If you have any questions, please contact [Recruiter's name] at [Her first name].[Her surname].[Name of the agency].com

Regards
[Name of the team adminstrator]

[Full name of the team adminstrator]
Team Administrator

That was nice. No "Dear John", or "thank you for your interest". They even got the email address wrong, they use a second period instead of an "@".


MESSAGE TO RECRUITERS

I'm typing this slowly as I know you won't be quick readers:

"When I work I RECRUIT staff. I even mention these recruitment activities in my c.v."

Think about it.

Got a headache yet? No? We'll go on ...

"To do this I use recruitment agencies (that is, companies like the one you work for).

So, you can treat me like crap when I'm looking for a job. No worries. I simply won't use you when I'm recruiting people."

Read this as many times as you like. If you're still not sure get someone to help you (it will help if they don't work in the recruitment business themselves, although it's unlikely you'll know anyone else).

If they can't help feel free to post a query in the comments. Don't forget to put the name of the agency for whom you work.

No comments: