A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Quick

This afternoon I do some more job hunting. The internet must be getting tired by now.

One job seems particularly suitable. I send off an application.

Within a minute my mobile rings. It's the agency. I cannot believe it. I'm surprised the email even reached her in that time.

She says she phoned as soon as she looked through the first page. Which is great because that's what my first page is for (it's different from most other c.v.s).

Although she likes my c.v. she wanted to check straightaway that I'd be happy about the rate as others had rejected the job for that sole reason. Oh oh.

Anyway she tells me and the rate turns out to be quite a bit higher than rates I've been going for in London.

We have a good chat and she's going to put my name forward. She also said she'd send me some documents but I haven't received them yet.

Another bite.

No comments: