A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

But I didn't apply!

Yesterday I was on the Monster web site and saw a possibly suitable role in Brussels.

Although the body of the ad was in English the surrounding bits were in Foreign (not sure which language).

I eventually worked out which button to press for making an on-line application (there was no email address). I was then presented with an interminable application form. Or rather forms which went through several pages.

Damn it. All I wanted to do was send my c.v.

I gave up and closed the web page half way through. A few hours later I received an email:

"Dear John,

Thank you for your recent application.

We have carefully reviewed your application and regret to have to inform you that, at this moment, we will not take any further action regarding your application.

We will, however, retain your details for one year and will contact you again as soon as we have a suitable vacancy.

Should you in future again wish to apply, feel free to visit our jobsite [that should be "Jobshite" if you ask me] for an overview of all vacancies and to apply online.

We sincerely appreciate your interest and wish you every success in reaching your career objectives."

I'm glad they carefully reviewed my application and sincerely appreciated my interest. I wasn't aware I had actually applied.

No comments: