A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Public sector

It's not that I've been reading too much Samizdata but I really don't want to work in the public sector again.

The reason? Experience. It was only a nine month contract but it was enough. A case of your "tax pounds not at work".

Now, if I'm approached I'm ok to do another contract. But now, whilst I'm still "new IT manager in town" and the job market seems buyount, I'm not going to apply for jobs in the public sector.

Working for the public sector is good for some people (and I'm not being disparaging here) but it's just no good for me.

No comments: