A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

In limbo

It’s past 6pm now, which means it’s past 7pm in Germany.

No phone calls from them.

Come on guys, I don’t want to tidy up my stuff for no reason.

I kinda job hunted today. I let an RSS reader (KlipFolio) alert me for any suitable jobs from JobServe.

As a result I spotted a suitable job and applied. This RSS reader doesn’t produce the same results as a search direct from JobServe’s site. But for today it’s good enough.

Around 5pm my mobile phone rang. It was an agency responding to one of the applications I made yesterday. I had applied for a contract project managing an IT relocation. He recognised the fit so it’s a bite.

He’ll know more on Thursday, by then maybe I’ll know more about whether or not I’m going to Munich.

I wonder what the German is for “you snooze, you lose”?

No comments: