A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Back to the slog

Today I had to trawl through job adverts for both today and yesterday.

Big slog.

It resulted in 13 applications.

My first bite occurred after my 10th application.

I’d phoned the recruiting agent but he was on the phone.

Just after I hanged up my mobile rang.

It was him. Pure coincidence that he called me just after I’d tried to call him.

My background was a very good fit for his client. They have an urgent requirement for a lot of project managers on a contract/freelance basis. I have an urgent requirement not to sit on my arse all day job hunting.

He’s sending my c.v. to his client and hopes to get back to me very quickly. They’re looking for a start date of next Monday. I’m up for it although I’ll be very surprised if they did move that fast.

A bit later another agency called about my application I’d sent a few hours before. He’s sent it to his client; another bite.

No comments: