A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Poor

I’m offended.

Last year I sent a very nice LinkedIn message to someone working in a large, multi-national organisation for whom I’m interested in joining.

As always, I wrote the message myself and tailored it to the individual (who I didn’t know but could see his details). In it I asked for any advice or names within his organisation who I could contact.

I received no reply for a few weeks and LinkedIn suggested that I withdraw the message. However, I thought that holidays and other things may have intervened.

Today, though, I received a decline message. No explanation, just a “Not Interested”.

What’s the point in being in a networking forum, and suggesting you can always be contacted (which he does) then ignoring such a contact? Plus, I have quite a few of my own contacts (members of my immediate network), in fact more than him, which he could find useful one day.

No comments: