A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Small numbers

Despite my best intentions I was destabilised by last week’s news that I was going to be offered a job in Munich. And that severely affected my job hunting efforts.

As a result I only applied for nine jobs.

Nine!

In recent weeks my number of applications has been in double figures.

Anyway, I took three bites.

And more importantly, I was told about this pending job.

Well, I’m still waiting for confirmation.

It’d be such a blow if it doesn’t happen (and there’s lots of reasons why it shouldn’t, the main one being “life is shit”) that I better get back into job hunting just in case.

No comments: