A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

One more

It’s been a slow start to job hunting in 2006.

Quite a few agencies I called today weren’t in. OK, I guess it’s only the first day back at work so some recruiters won’t be in the office yet. Maybe they’ve chosen to have a longer break; maybe they’ve forgotten where they work.

I applied for one job today. I didn’t notice that the only phone number they gave was their fax number.

Who uses a fax machine these days? The fax machine was invented before the telephone. With scanners and emails there’s very little need really.

No comments: