A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Another day in limbo

The agent handling the job in Munich called this morning, from Frankfurt.

Not much change, it’s still in the hands of their purchasing department although they have promised to call him.

Unfortunately big purchasing departments have many things going on. They’re just not going to be worried about sorting out the ultimate job hunting blogger.

I ensured that the agent is aware of my ballpark rate. He’s also now aware that I may not be able to start on Monday as flights are getting sparser (and costlier). He’s also aware and understands that I’m not just going to sit on my arse waiting for them to come back to me; I’ll be out there job hunting.

Meanwhile, I’ll sit on my arse and wait.

No comments: