A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Graph

Below is a nice graph of applications made per week since 1st June 2005.

You can see how erractic it is even though the number of jobs I've managed to apply to is better than in previous years.

I was going to also chart the number of bites per week but didn't because:

  • it's far too erractic to show any trend
  • you're not interested anyway (though probably jealous that I can do this sort of analysis)
  • I accidentally closed the spreadsheet I was working on without saving (tsch)
Doing this analysis may be a bit pointless but it's good exercise for me. Reminds me how to do certain tasks in Excel. The pivot table functionality in 2002 doesn't feel as comfortable to use as in previous versions.

No comments: