A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Preparation

How do you prepare for an interview?

Well, I go and get a haircut. I'm a bit choosy about my hairdresser as I've found that the less hair you have the more haircut you need.

It's Friday 13th but I'm not scared. It's not like I could end up with a perm.

So this afternoon was spent getting my haircut (well it's an hour's journey, by train, just to get to the city).

In view of this I spent this morning in a frenzy of job hunting. In total I applied for four jobs.

Very respectable.

I was a little bit disappointed that no-one called in response but that's probably just as well. I'm a bit highly strung so if my mobile had rung whilst I was in the salon I'd probably now be in Brighton hospital having some scissors removed from head.

No comments: