A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

That was quick

Yesterday I ordered a spare folder and pen for my Digimemo.

Digimemo is like a fat clipboard. Although you write on normal paper it stores the images in flash and these can be transferred to your PC.

Useful? You bet.

I bought the device last year but held back from getting accessories for it in case I didn’t like it.

Well, Digimemo and I are real close now so I decided to get a folder for it and a spare pen. It’s almost inevitable that I’ll lose the original pen. There’s not much in my life that I haven’t misplaced.

I’m also prone to dropping things – again, there’s not much in my life that I haven’t dropped – so a protective folder would be useful for it.

The folder is made out of imitation leather although I don’t think anyone would be duped into thinking it was leather.  It looks a bit plasticy (real word Microsoft so don’t try to spell check it) but actually I think it’s more durable than leather.

Whilst I was checking prices for the folder I came across a Cyberpad.  This seems like the Digimemo but is A4 format rather than A5.

Oh, oh.

Must resist. Besides it’s double the price of a Digimemo and is very new and only available in the USA.

I reckon I could always sell my Digimemo on ebay if I ever upgrade to an A4 system or, even better, upgrade to a tablet PC.

Anyway I ordered it yesterday on el-cheapo (a word Microsoft seems quite happy about) three-day delivery terms but it arrived today. Superb.

No comments: