A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Ring ring

This morning I had to do something other than job hunting but equally boring.

It involved sitting in a car.

Whilst doing this my phone rang.

Hurrah.

It was an agency calling to see if I was interested in a contract role in London.

Nice chat and he said he’d send my details to his client.

Goodly, goodington.

He also said he’d send an eight page job specification to me.

I’m sure I’ve got better things to do than read an eight page document. Well, I better get on and do one of those things as he didn’t send the document.

Still counts as a bite though.

But why am I so trusting? Whenever an agency calls – when I’m out – and says they’ll send me an email I believe them. Rather, I should get their full name and contact phone number.

No comments: