A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Limbo

This waiting for confirmation is a pain.

There’s things I could do but I don’t want to expend effort and resources until I definitely know I’m going. And then I’ll probably be rushed.

For example, I’ve found that my laptop’s battery now only lasts four minutes. Fair enough, it is three years old.

As I’ll probably be using WiFi links in cafes and hotel lobbies for a while in Munich I need a reliable battery.

But I don’t want to buy one now and then find the job’s been killed.

Similarly, I should buy a WiFi card. But I don’t want to buy loads and loads of things on a false assumption.

No comments: