A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Any CRM recommendations?

I’ve posted the query on openBC’s message board, and I’ve also tried to post it on My LinkedIn Power Forum’s message board (but Yahoo won’t let me post at the moment) so I may as well post it here as well:

“Dear All,As a busy job hunter and networker I've been looking for a s/w tool to assist me.Basically I think it needs to be a CRM product which would allow me to keep track of jobs to which I've applied and people I've contacted.I've looked at NovoCM but that doesn't quite seem to fit my needs.Basically such a product needs to be:- Windows compliant- able to integrate with Outlook- probably able to integrate with Access, or use Access as its database engine- tailorable for personal rather than corporate use- free or at least less than €100.Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?”

What I didn’t mention is that if I can’t find an appropriate CRM then I may have to write one myself. In fact I’m already using one I crudely knocked up in Access.

No comments: