A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Slight revision

As it's a new year I've slightly changed my accounting method.

I used to count bites in the week when the applications were made.

This could be misleading as often I'd get interested responses from recruiters a week (or sometimes longer) after applying. As a result I could receive several bites in a week but then report, at the end of the week, that I had received none.

So, I've made an amendment to my jobs database and now datestamp bites.

This will make no difference to you (you're probably not interested, unless you're an auditor) or me but I'm doing it anyway.

Hence, today I applied for three jobs. I also received three bites today although two of these resulted from applications made in December.

No comments: