A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Trawling

Restarting my hunt has been harder than expected. And I’ve only had a few days’ break from it.

In the end I could only look through jobs posted over the weekend; I couldn’t bring myself to hunt further into last week.

Anyway I’m hoping this is totally unnecessary; I really should get confirmation early next week that I’m to start in Munich.

But I’m aware how these things work. There could be a delay due to one thing or another. Then the job goes on hold for a week or two. Then it eventually disappears. Or worse, the remuneration offered is much less than acceptable.

See, I can be cynical.

I shouldn’t hang around. Despite really wanting this job I should work on a “first-come, first served basis”.

Well, I didn’t find any jobs today. I’ll look tomorrow whilst hoping I get that happy phone call and email.

No comments: