A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Fair excuse

I’m very use to recruitment agencies saying they’ll call back and then not doing so.

For example, the day before Xmas Eve I spoke to an agent who said she’d look through my details and call me back the next day.

She didn’t.

I didn’t call her as I didn’t see the point: as the festivities approach it’s unlikely a recruitment agent would even remember which way to sit on a toilet let alone remember to contact a highly experienced and qualified candidate.

Anyway I called her today.

I tried to avoid mentioning that she had promised to call me but she immediately apologised. Apparently she was taken ill on Xmas Eve.

Ah.

It’s her first day back at work so she said she’d call me tomorrow.

No comments: