A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Funny sort of day (3)

Last year I flew to Munich for a second interview. But I didn’t get the job.

And no-one else did either.

Ever since I occasionally see the job advertised on Monster. Sure, I hadn’t come across the technology they were using. But by now I would be lecturing about it at Munich’s technical university.

Ahem.

Anyway today I received a phone call from the recruitment agent who had arranged the interview.

The company is getting a bit stretched now, seeing as they haven’t yet found a suitable project manager. The agent wondered if I’d be happy to be reconsidered by them.

“Doch ja”

No comments: