A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Other activities

I hadn’t even gotten out of bed before my mobile rang.

It was an agency seeing if I was interested in a permie job in England.

Well, as I don’t have the Munich job squared off yet, the answer has to be “Ja wohl”.

A few hours later, when I was safely out of bed, the mobile rang again. It was another agency seeing if I was interested in a contract job in London. “Aber natuerlich”.

Actually I explained the situation to both of them.

Two bites.

In the afternoon another agency sent me an email to see if I was interested in a relocation project. “Das ist sehr nett von Ihnen”. In this case, not quite a bite.

In all, including these, I made four applications.

Now, I’m dead keen to get this job in Munich. But I know all too well how things can go wrong. So I’m hedging.

No comments: