A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Not busy

Didn’t apply for any jobs today.

Instead I received an email from the agent, confirming what he’d already said but congratulating me on getting the job.

It hasn’t, however, gone through the company’s purchasing department. In fact I may not hear until next week.

Nevertheless I’ll feel bad applying for jobs when one seems so sorted out. Also, I’ve recently become so fed up with job hunting that it’s a good break.

So I’ve been tidying up a few things, slowly getting ready on the assumption I’ve got the job.

Now, that is a very dangerous assumption. If I don’t hear anything by tomorrow I’ll start hunting again on Monday.

No comments: