A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, January 20, 2006

That Friday feeling

Despite going to the gym in the afternoon I still managed to apply for five jobs today.

Which is rather good considering that:

  • it is the end of the week

  • I couldn’t find any jobs yesterday

  • I wasn’t looking for the whole day as usual.

No bites though.

One agency I spoke to really did like the sound of me. But not my minimum rate. Far too high for his client.

The agency handling the client with the extremely urgent need for project managers didn’t call back. I’m not sure how they’re going to fill any roles next week.

I didn’t hear anything more about the contract job in Munich. But I guess that’s because the agency hasn’t heard anything from the recruiting manager.

It’s the weekend now and I’m going to try out Moveable Type (which may mean a whole new look and feel for this blog …. one day).

No comments: