A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Round up

Yesterday afternoon I double-checked: No, I wasn’t going to be asked to be the next leader of the Liberal Democrat Party. So I had another beer.

It was Bavarian beer and very nice. Though, if I was in Munich I would be drinking it in heterosexual measures.

BTW I find the name Liberal Democrat very off-putting. It’s mad. It suggests that you could have a Liberal Totalitarian Party.

What’s wrong with calling it the Liberal Party? After all, it was – for a long time - the party of Churchill and he could drink.

Apart from not being asked to lead a major political party I applied for 12 jobs. I also received four bites.

Not bad for the first week of the new job hunting year.

No comments: