A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Today

Interviews are always disruptive. Yesterday's meeting meant that I had a lot of catching up, in terms of job trawling, today.

Today I applied for one job. I also received one bite. Funnily enough, from that application.

The recruiter didn't say she'd put my c.v. to her client. In fact she said the client didn't want to see anymore c.v.s until they'd waded through the ones already sent across. But she did think my details matched her requirements.

The reason this is a bite and not a nibble is because I say so.

In the afternoon I tried to phone everyone I've contacted in recent days.

I even called the agency handling the job in Duesseldorf to which I applied at the end of July. It's still live. And it'll probably still be live until a High Court decides that keeping it alive is unnecessarily cruel.


No comments: