A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Suspicions of lethargy

This morning I couldn't find any suitable jobs.

It felt like a repeat of the whole of yesterday when I couldn't find any jobs worthy of an application.

Was this the turning point in the up-till-now bullish IT market?

Was it lethargy? I've applied for so many jobs that maybe I'm not looking properly and had become dismissive.

Was it cockiness? Well I've got at least two interviews next week. I'm sorted me.

Fortunately, things picked up this afternoon, more appropriate specifications appeared on the web sites and I was able to apply for seven jobs.

No comments: