A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Job adverts of the day

1. This one included: "You may be asked to obtain a copy of your criminal record as part of our referencing procedure."

Damn, I haven't got a criminal record, where can I get one? I knew living a virtuous life wouldn't pay off. If only I'd listen to my friends when I was a teenager.

2. An interesting requirement: "Good MS Project and MS Vision skills".

I'm pretty good at MS Project. Don't know anything about MS Vision, although I suspect it wouldn't work well with Linux systems or Firefox browsers.

No comments: