A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Hanging on

My Job of the Day section no longer includes badly written adverts (most of the time anyway). There's just too many.

Yet if I was to exclude mentioning when recruiter say they'll phone, then don't ... well this would be one of the shorter blogs around.

This morning an agency did just that. Phoned me, said they'll call back a little later but didn't. I'll call them tomorrow.

And a company phoned about an interesting situation. They now need an interim manager and think I might fit the bill (my name was forwarded to them by a friend). We discussed possible interviews days ("any day") and they said they'd get back to me in a few hours. I think I need to give them quite a few hours longer.

Today I applied for eight jobs and received one new bite. So far I've applied for 11 jobs this week, that's well above my target and it's only Tuesday.

No comments: