A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Review

So far this week I've applied for five jobs.

That's my weekly target met. I'll probably exceed it in the next couple of days but I accept that face-to-face interviews reduce the number of applications I can make.

Out of these five applications I've had two bites, well above my average.

And looking at past weeks it seems that I'm getting quite a few bites. More than the one bite per 10 applications which I hope for.

I'm not doing this analysis out of boredom or to impress the female readership of this blog. The same goes for the graph I produced last week.

By doing this analysis it tells me I'm doing the right thing. It also reassures me that my skills and experiences are still valid. If I didn't do this I could end up feeling dejected when recruiters tell me I don't have "recent experience" for such-and-such a role.

No comments: