A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Relieved

The agency who advised me that their client may want to interview me today or tomorrow didn't call back.

I'm relieved. Had they interviewed me this week and made an offer then I wouldn't be able to go ahead with the interview on Monday for the interim job.

This interim job would be ideal - at least in some respects as I don't know the details yet. It would be great because:

- it gets me into the interim management space (a small space with potentially lots of money as the IT job market improves)
- it may mean I can then take this job in Paris, assuming they like me etc
- or it may mean I can take the job in Duesseldorf once they get a move on. I phoned the agency today and the agent reckons things may start happening soon (well it's only been 18 months).

So, for once, I'm relieved that an agency hasn't come back with an interview date. They're actually a very good agency so I know they will get back to me.

No comments: