A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hold the line

Today I saw another job to which I'd applied about a month ago.

The recruiter was in Amsterdam and I had tried to call him the first time I saw the advertisement.

Maybe if he made the effort to respond to calls and emails he wouldn't need to re-advertise.

As soon as I saw the advert today I phoned his office.

The receptionish who answered immediately said (before I could speak) "[name of company] please hold the line".

I put the phone down. I'm not having that. It doesn't matter that I'm phoning from abroad, it's plain rude.

A little later I phoned again. She put me through to his line but this time all I got was hold music.

I resent my original application and am going to leave it at that.

No comments: