A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 29, 2004

More good news

Yesterday I found my business card holder.

Right now I can't be bothered (read "arsed") to work out how to link to the posting about business cards. It's one of my earlier postings if you're interested.

And you should be because it's packed full of good advice about this subject.

This is not a case of "oh how ironic - finding your business cards after securing a job".

It's now I've got a job that referring to and collecting business cards becomes important - as part of my to-be-renewed networking campaign. Networking is so much more effective whilst you're in a job.

I've already booked my name for a BCS seminar in London next week. As well as an interesting chat on whatever there should be an opportunity to meet others in the industry. The organisers tends to be pretty blatant about this.

(Girls: BTW I'm not one of those smarmy types who goes round, lounge-lizard style, shaking everyone's hand and giving them business cards. Rather I have the natural gregariousness of The Smiths' lead singer but I am trying to reach a happy medium).

Where did I find it? Hidden away in a box full of books. I've no idea when I placed it there or why - as in why on earth.

No comments: