A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Catch up

Not having hunted all of yesterday I had a marathon job hunting session today.

I must have skimmed over 5,000 job postings.

Oh, the irony.

First thing this morning I sent "stop bloody emailing me" automated messages to www.theitjoboard.com

For some reason they had started emailing me again even though I cancelled their service a few months ago.

Then I looked at www.jobserve.com. Boy was it having problems, I was getting a lot of timeout errors. I emailed their technical support people who claimed no-one else was having problems.
I even tried it with IE (I've converted to Firefox now as my main browser).

Still didn't work.

So, I then had to go back to www.theitjobboards.com's site to job hunt.

This afternoon JobServe started working again (actually it may have been something to do with my ISP though I doubt it).

Today I applied for three jobs. I also spoke to an agency - my Favourite Agency (because they got me a job last year) - about a role for which I applied on Sunday. They said I was very suited and sent my c.v. to the client (once I'd resent it because they couldn't find the one I sent on Sunday). That's a bite.

No comments: