A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 22, 2004

Interim

The interview I'm having on Monday is for an interim management position.

Until recently I thought blogs were written mainly by:

  • people who don't want George Bush to be president
  • people who don't want John Kerry to be president
  • women in Singapore who like teddy bears
Then, when looking for private equity finance for the business we're establishing, I found that blogging is primarily for VC-ers.

Not only is there copious information but the sites are also very well written and designed. So far I haven't found one which has featured a teddy bear.

So, now that I'm being considered for an interim management role I thought I'd look to see if there were any blogs on this subject.

I did a Google search and indeed there were results. But they were mainly about an interim manager brought in to run some US baseball team.

There weren't any blogs on the day-to-day diaried activies of an interim in a business.

Oh well, if I get this job I may have to start one.

No comments: