A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

How things change

The Worst Recruitment Agency in The World is no longer The Worst Recruitment Agency in The World.

Though they're probably still the Worst Recruitment Agency in the The UK.

They phoned me today, from Paris, to update me on a position for which I applied last week. What's more it was just a courtesy update, no real news.

Amazing, if only more of the other agencies were like that.

Unfortunately I had to tell them that although I'm still very interested, I am now getting interviews in England. They were disappointed it wasn't for jobs in France but I can't be too choosy.

What can I do? It'd be so much better if I did get this job in Paris, an ideal location for me, but the important thing is to get the first suitable job going.

No comments: